Saturday 24 November 2007

Thai Japanese Wedding






This 20th of November I was inbvited to this traditional Thai weddinf between a Thai woman and a Japanese man. I have to say, in some oints very different from the weddings I experienced before, nontheless the basics were still the same. Except for the monks singing, that u sit on your knees wit the hands folded. That there is a whole ceremony for the groom to propose money and gold to the family of the woman before he can enter the house. The traditional thai music and dancing was fun. After that you pour water over the hands of groom and bride to be and you also give them a little cord to wish them luck for ther marriage. The nice part was the enormous cultural clash of Japan and Thailand (and me falang) Well I was almost adapted to thai culture, but to see the Japanese gave me even a better understanding of the differences, eventhough Japan is not that far away. For example, in Thai culture you shouldnt wear black or white with black to a wedding because these colours are used for funeral. As you can see one of the Japanese girls had a black and white Kimono on. Fortunately, the Thai people didnt feel offended. After the ceremony, Ooy and me had to try the Kimonos on...its quite hot i there and we couldnt breathe properly, but nice to try. After that we went to theresort which was so nice. We went swimming with the kids...they dont really learn swimmning here...but it was fun...after that we had a little barbecue and party, All in all it was very nice but was so tired since I was up from 4 oclock in the ,moring until late at night!
Well so far for the wedding...but I have more news!! ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dank Deiner detaillierten Darstellung kann ich mir die Zeremonie gut vorstellen.