Wednesday 1 August 2007

Lets complain...

Complain..? No not really, but since the name of my blog is experiencing Thailand...sooner or later I had to face the bad experiences that could happen in a country like Thailand. Monday, on my free day, I might add, my neck scratched a lot and then I suddenly got a lot of stomach aches and I could not help but run to the toilet all the time and at some points I couldnt even stand on my feet anymore... So I decided to get home as quickly as possible. I took the first cab and drove home. I went to bed and called my family, because I felt suddenly so alone and they immediately told me I should go and see a doctor. Well after lying on the bed I felt better so I wanted to wait what would happen. But then I felt that it was not going to be better but worse, so I got up knocked on the door of my neighbour who was not there, but happily his girlfriend was who was very friendly and could seak Thai and English equally good. She then asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital and since I did not want to take any risks I accepted immediatly. We went to the next clinic and I got some medicine and the doctor told me that I was foodpoisoned. Then I quickly took the Taxi home, because I didnt feel like walking anymore and after lying in bed again things got even worse and the pill that I took against nausea and vomit did not quite hold its promises. Everything hurt and even Tuesday morning I was still feeling quite bad so I could not go to work. Only today I felt good enough to go to work and eat again!
Still now Im very tired and I guess it is because the antibiotik I have to take.. well then...
Finally its not all paradise here...but almost ^^
hope that you who read this are all fine!! (It reminds that it is so important to be healthy)

2 comments:

Mecha said...

I experienced more or less the same during my stay in Dakar. It's really bad to be sick far from home! But then, you can hardly escape it in this kind of stay... Nach gutt Besserung!

Anonymous said...

Vor dem Paradies sollten solche Übelkeiten Rücksicht nehmen, tun es aber keineswegs. Gnadenlos schmettern sie arme Mäuslein nierder aufs Bett und pressen ihm alles aus Magen und Darm. Doch solche Mäuse sind stark und raffen sich nach zwei Tagen wieder auf. Die medizinische Hilfe wird das Ihre zur Genesung beitragen.
Alles Gute und einige fette Kusse aus Vianden.