Tuesday 7 August 2007

this smell...

I was working today and I was not feeling very well..OI think i reached the point where I ask myself what am I doing here on the edge of the world..so far away from home...and I miss home a lot...but I guess this is normal and that it is because the first WOW effect from Bangkok is fading...(I still like it a lot here though)
I think its like having a new love..after somewhile the first adventurous and exciting time is fading but then the next phase is coming...the more serious phase where the love develops more... ^^ Okay I probably exagerate a bit comparing Thailand with love between 2 people, but thats just the metaphor that came to my mind...and since Im not Thai nobody can call me a patriot! Haha...^^
Today another Metaphor came to my mind...well its more the metaphor of somebody else..namely Proust. Exactly the one from The Madeleine in the Tea, only that in my case it was not that nice and comnfortable. There is a lady in my office (it is funny because all the people in my office match to a special caracter) this lady is the LADY, she is always very nicely dressed and only eats low fat and very healthy...and I guess that why she brings her rice etc but this time ( I was sitting next to her since her ususal neighbour was off) she took something out of her office that had the most disgusting smell I smelled in a long taste...It was the kind of smell that remided me of something I knew but I could not help and felt sick the moment I smelled it. It was HORRIBLEm between the eversame work I do and one of the girls that piut one song they play on the computer that will repeat for the whole day if I do not say change the song please... SO between the ever same work, the samne turning song plus this unexplainable completely WRONG smell I just wanted to cry...
Now when I think back it was kind of funny...The only thing missing was somebody hitting me for my touch-sense and that the lady offered me to take a bite of this 'thing' that smelled so bad I wanted t cry, well as for the sight...numbers arent that beautiful to see...
After that 'torture' I decided to go eat in the restaurant from the Hotel to relax a bit and to eat european to feel less ... stranger...
And sipping on my nice cappuccino...I must say I felt directly a little bit better...

1 comment:

Mecha said...

Very funny and well observed, this situation! Often the small things show us that something's changed. It's actually like love!

Du hues awer ganz secher nach vill Neits z'entdecken...