Sunday 22 July 2007

Bangkok @ night!


Wow finally after one month I managed to go out and discover Bangkok at night! I went with a ladyboy from work (ladyboy here not a boy dressed like a woman but only a femeffeminated guy), who asked me already last week to go there (near chatuchak market). Once there, it felt like any other street with pubs let say (for luxembourg) like the 'Hollerecher', only that the club I was in was called Lady BUG and that me and 3 other girls were probably the only 'born' women in about a 200 meter area. Before we went there we had a drink at a little place, the owner was very nice he spoke a bit of english and he told me about his life, that he had come around a lot that he had worked in Hotels as well and that he was happy to have his own little 'shop' where he was selling the most amazing fresh cocktails. He told me like 3 times how beautiful I was looking and that I would probably have a nice life because of that...I guess that is also a good reason why I liked him (but not only)!! ;oP Sitting there and enjoying my first alcoholic drink after WEEKS I was happy and felt relaxed (on holidays). We then went on to the club, first shock: I had forgotten to take my camera, I know I know..stupid. Second shock; I also forgot to take my ID card , happily they believed me that I had 21 and let me enter the ladybug!!
There we met another girl from my work who took care of me and ordered a bottle of whisky and coke and soda and lots of ice n( they only sell whisky here)!! So 6 people drinking on one bottle of whisky... At first I thought wow thats not much...probably they dont drink that much...until the first bottle was empty and I saw them ordering the next one! Holy crap...I was already enjoying myself and did not want to drink more...but they poured and poured one glass after the other... As the time went by, people were starting to eventually dance and the atmosphere was getting a lot better. At one point I asked one of the ladyboys to go dance with me on the stage! We tried to get to the 'stage' and immediatly the boys from the stage took my hand and danced with me! Very friendly..I think I was a real rariety that evening; because a girl AND falang as well!! They were really nice eventhough they didnt speak that much English. We did not speak but had fun nontheless.
I have to say if it is hard to understand a Thai speaking English sometimes in normal circumstances, try to understand them when there is loud music all around you!! IMPOSSIBLE!!
SO mostly I tried to smile and say yes or no when they talked to me and hoped that it was the right thing to say...sometimes I actually understood and then it ended in the same reaction: laughing and nodding so...everything was fine!
At 2 oclock then the light went on and the party was over, the girl from work was pretty drunk and we started to take our things and try to find a taxi! Before that I exchanged my number with some of the guys and they told me that we should go to Khao San road next time, where there are more falang (its a spot for backpackers and I wanted to go at least once) the same road on which Leonardo di Caprio is partying in The Beach. SO they will take me there next week! After that I just fell into the taxi ..I was so tired and could not wait to fall into my bed.
I am now going to lumpini park to read Harry Potter number 7 ahhhh suspense!!! Go ROWLING!!
Oh if ESTELLE or CES are reading this: Je suis désolé encore un fois que je vous ai pas félicité pour vos anniv!!! SOORRRYYYY, pakadong!! (thai qui essaye de dire pardon) Je pense a vous quand même!! CES survit! please. Estelle : donne moi de tes nouvelles please!

( the picture shows desert from here: rothi (lothi) very good!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Das Saturdaynightfever in Bangkok scheint sanfter und trotz Sprachhürden kommunikativer zu sein.

Mecha said...

I try to imagine you dancing in midst of alle the ladyboys, I guess you're taller than them... ;-) What a privilege to go out where there are no falangs! Ok may be it's more interesting if you can as well speak a bit with people around you...

Decke Kuss!

Lotti said...

I wanna see a picture of these ladyboys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!