Monday 9 July 2007

A Weekend away in real Bangkok

Hello again!! I apologise for my looong absence on my blog, but I was invited by my thai friend Ooy and her boyfriend to stay at their house this weekend..also they gave me the private guide tour through Ayutayahhh and I have to say...is it possible to love a country that much!? ;oP I really have to say these people were the sweetest and nicest people during the whole weekend! They wanted to pay everything for me and I had to be quick if I wanted to pay the bill!! But i suceeded 2 times!!! They showed me the real Bangkok where Thai people live and where falang were still only veeeery rarely seen! (farang or falang is the common word to describe european or americans here in thailand) Their house was quite small, but cosy... they had plenty of fish in the garden and no kitchen. Therefore 2 bathrooms one when you came in and one on the first floor. Well bathroom...lets say toilet with a bucket of water (for the shower)! Very economical though.. and not that dramatic, because its so hot you dont really need hot water (I have to say as a girl from the western countries I was at first staring in disbelief at the bucket, and I must admit I was shocked, but after a while I laughed to myself and told me, this is not going to stop you and it is not that big of a deal. Its just amazing that I was shocked, evnethough I know these things, I saw in that moment (again) how spoiled we are with our european norms and I could not belief it... I think this 6 month job is going to bring me a lot more then just a good internship and a wonderful time.

Then again, ironically, they had 2 televisions, and very nice ones too(perhaps they were putting their priorities, I dont know) and one computer a nice little living room another room for laundry and clothes etc (perhaps for a baby later on), but no bed in there so far. And now the best part; their bedroom which was pretty big and also had an big bed in it was ment for all the 3 of us to sleep in. So Ooy s boyfriend insisted that I slept in the bed with ooy and he took place on the floor! I was trying to speak with him but there was nothing to do..at the end he said : dont wooollly dont woolly...I like to sleep on the floor!! Thats when I gave in! SO that is where I spend my last 3 nights and that is why I didnt came online to write this report on my blog.
For Ayuttayahh I have to say that it is verrry beautiful and the weather was very good , a lots of Buddhas to see and lots of other falang..we wanted to take a tour with the changs (elephants) but we didnt had the time at the end. Here I have to add, if you have the chance to see Bangkok and its suroundings with a local; do it!! grap your chance, it is the best! Oh yeah as for the picture I unfortunately forgot my digital camera at my appartment BUT dont worry! They had one and we took a loooooot of pictures...Now I just wait that they burn me a cd or something than I will put some pictures here! Ohhh I also tasted some new thai delicious desserts mhhhhh for those who come here it will be my pleasure to make you experience them!! muahahaha
okay that is all for now...since we woke up at 5:30 this morning to be at work on time (8:30) I am kind of deeeaaaad and will go to sleep!!
Ohhhh one last thing; everything was very nice BUT the moskitoes!! they like falang blood a LOT I was biten about 20 times and it itches like hell!! ahhhh
A miracle how Im still able to write... ( happily I got vaccinated...I couldnt help but thinking, but Im sure it will be okay) bye bye..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich freue mich, im November auf eine echte Thailand-Insiderin zu stoßen, die uns in die geheimnisse dieser Welt und ihrer köstlichen nachtischeneinführt. Vielleicht werden die Moskitos im November im Urlaub sein.

marie said...

hehe wi gesoot di moskitos wooren net a bangkok selwer subaal een a engem hotel as as et guer kee prbolem an och bangkok selwer...mee subaals de bessi mi raus gees aus bangkok wu di lait eben gewunnt hun!! dann get et mi penibel! ech erweschen emmer an der nuecht fier emch ze kraatzen haha naja mee sos as awer alles tip top hai!

Unknown said...

The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
ชุดเด็ก